THE ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR SUCCESSFUL IMPORTING SINCE 1982
The Chamber’s direct participation in the International Chambers of Commerce (ICC), which makes the rules for International trade, ensures that our students benefit from the most up-to-date information and developments.
The course covers all the steps in the import cycle role, from negotiating with foreign sellers to safely arranging movement and getting your goods through Customs for delivery to their destination.
1) A step by step guide to imports,
2) Apply geographic principles in mapping a trade route – understand trade agreements
3) Explain the concept of International Trade - ITAC Import Control
4) Workshop – international trade case study
1) International Commercial Terms (Incoterms® Rules- 2010 /2020 (New)
2) Sea freight carriers, agents and containerization,
3) Surface freight operations
4) Financing shipments, methods of payment
5) Workshop – Import costing case study
1) Describe and apply the Customs and Excise Act 1 – The New Customs Duty/Control Acts 2014
2) Perform the procedures for the administration of Import transactions
3) Customs SAD Workshop
1) Handle cargo for import – packing, securing identify and safety, import and exports
2) Air Freight operation, Over-Border operations,
3) Logistics and supply chain management
4) Workshop: Airfreight imports case study
1) Marine Insurance - cargo transport insurance
2) Freight forwarding and clearing operation
3) Workshop – marine insurance,
DAY 6: Examination
SATURDAY – Time: 9:00 – 12:00
PRESENTERS: MARK GOODGER, MANO PURMASIR, JENNY STRATTON – subject experts – with years of experience and highly knowledgeable on every aspect of the international trading supply chain
WHERE: 7th Floor, JCC House, Empire Road, Milpark.
BOOKINGS: Anthea Booysen Tel: 726-5300
COURSE DATES: 5 DAY COURSES: 23-27 MARCH 2020
HOW MUCH: R5950.00 Member, R7065.00 Non-members
TIME: 08:30 – 17:00 (REGISTRATION ON DAY 1 – 08:00)
PARKING: There is limited secure parking next to JCC House on a first-come basis.
When that is full, use the Milpark Galleries public parking garage opposite Garden Court Holiday
Inn at R40.00 per day - fee for your account.
IN-HOUSE TRAINING ON REQUEST
REPLY SLIP 5-day course: 23-27 MARCH 2020
First & Surname: _____________________________________________________________
Postal Address: ________________________________________________________Code: _________
Tel No: _______________________Fax:_______________________Contact:________________________
Your Company VAT No._______________________
BANK DETAILS: JCCI - STD BANK- BRAAMFONTEIN –BRANCH CODE 004805 –
ACC NO: 0033 42530 (e-mail deposit slip to Anthea Booysen (firstname.lastname@example.org)