EFFECTIVE DATE EXPECTED FIRST QUARTER 2020
POPI was signed by the President on 19 November 2013 and gazetted on 26 November 2013. It could be detrimental to your organization if you do not comply. You need to train all your staff on this important legislation. Non-compliance can lead to criminal and civil fines and complaints to the regulator. The Final Regulations were presented to Parliament on the 14th of December 2018. The Publication of the Regulations means that the implementation of the Act and the full empowering of the Regulator are imminent.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Overview of the Protection of Personal Information Act
- Provisions dealing with Applications of the Act
- Ensuring your organisation meets the conditions as set out in the 8 principles of information processing
- Requirements for capturing special personal information
- Exemption from conditions for processing of personal information
- Processing subject to prior authorization
- Requirements and procedure for issuing a code of conduct within your industry
- Powers, duties and functions of information regulator and information officer
- Exploring the impact of the Protection of Personal Information Act on direct marketing
- Transferring information cross border – understanding the restrictions on the flow of information
- Dealing with complaints
- Offences, Penalties and Admin fines or what will happen if my organisation does not comply?
- Timeframe for implementing the Protection of Personal Information within your organization
- The Final Regulations and compliance by Businesses.
- The relationship between the POP ACT, PAIA ACT, ECT ACT, AND CPA ACT
- Template-Consent to process personal information
- Template-Privacy impact assessment report
- Template-Prevention of Spam communication letter
PRESENTED BY The Credit and Cheque Specialist
DAVID ROSIN is a law graduate of the University of the Witwatersrand. He was responsible for introducing Veri-Cheque into South Africa during 1987. David has conducted courses nationally on legal and credit-related subjects for the past 18 years for over 5000 delegates as well as in-house training for many of the top 100 Companies in South Africa. David has presented courses in South Africa, Botswana; Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Zambia, Kenya, Nigeria and Mauritius.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managing Directors, Finance Directors, Company Secretaries, Operational Managers, Human Resource Managers, Risk Managers, Marketing Directors, Sales Directors, Compliance Officers, IT Security Officers and Legal Advisors
7th Floor, JCC House, cnr Empire Rd Anthea Booysen Tel: 726-5300 Fax: 482-2000
& Owl St, Milpark . email@example.com
HOW MUCH: R2500.00 members R3250.00 non-members incl VAT.
TIME: 09:00-16:00 (Registration 08:30)
WHEN: 23 MARCH 2020
PARKING: There is limited secure parking next to JCC House on a first-come basis.
When that is full, use the Milpark Galleries public parking garage opposite Garden Court
Holiday Inn at R40.00 per day - fee for your account.
First & Surname:_______________________________________________________________________________
e-mail address:___________________________________________ Our e-mail add: firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT NO. _______________________
BANK DETAILS: JCCI - STD BANK- BRAAMFONTEIN–BRANCH CODE 004805–ACC NO: 0033 42530(e-mail deposit slip to Anthea Booysen
IN HOUSE TRAINING ON REQUEST